Monday, November 30, 2015

SDG Mondays: End Hunger

Today we are featuring the second of the United Nations' new Sustainable Development Goals:

"End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture."

This goal has eight associated targets:


What do you think of this goal and these targets?  

What can you do to help the world reach the targets?

Please post your thoughts in the comments section.

For me, I feel like some things I can do to try to help are to continue to advocate for a sustainably breastfeeding-friendly culture and for eating plant-based diets that leave enough land for food to be grown for everyone, not just the rich, and also to advocate for environmental practices that mitigate climate change.

I also hope to raise awareness about the very idea of sustainable development and these goals and targets in Texas and in the United States, where I live.
 
 

No comments: