Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Wednesdays with The Subversive Children's Book Club: Compassion

I am starting to repeat myself too much on our Wednesdays.  I think I am just going to have to start buying more books...tsk, tsk.... 

This edition of Wednesdays with The Subversive Children's Book Club includes a lot of oldies but goodies in terms of books to help waken compassion in our children.  Enjoy!

  • Faith The Cow by Susan Bame Hoover 
  • A Chair for My Mother by Vera B. Williams
  • Sister Anne’s Hands by Marybeth Lorbiecki
  • Uncle Willie and The Soup Kitchen by Dyanne DiSalvo-Ryan
  • Beatrice’s Goat by Page McBrier
  • The Librarian of Basra by Jeanette Winter
  • Daphne’s Book by Mary Downing Hahn
  • Make Lemonade by Virginia Euwer Wolff
  • Petey by Ben Mikaelsen
  • The Landry News by Andrew Clements
  • Crash by Jerry Spinelli
  • Hoot by Carl Hiaasen.

No comments: