Sunday, April 26, 2015

Working On My West Nile

Things have gotten awfully tropical around here lately. Even though we are still under drought conditions because apparently the lake where are water comes from is the one place where it barely rains at all, everywhere else is flooding regularly.  I have been very lucky about the commute to and from work, but I am often concerned about it.  The agricultural fields along the highways are like bays full of little waves.  It hasn't dried out enough to mow (with an electric mower) in ages and our yard is getting jungle-y.  The mosquitoes are a scourge.  Even I am happy when I hear the mosquito trucks are coming, although I am generally much opposed to such things.  All the changes in weather patterns all over the place are so disturbing.

No comments: