Thursday, March 19, 2015

Writer-Mama-Worker-Blues

My writing's been kind of dead for the last year and a half or so.  This blog is pretty much it unless you count work stuff.  I always had the issue of finding time, of course, and always had tons of ideas that just languished and stacks of unfinished manuscripts...but lately everything writer-ly has languished.  Just everything.  I still have the ideas but just no energy to get them on the page.  So busy, so tired.  The lack of motivation to do it is a little scary - I think I have written less in this period than at any time in the last 19 years.  I am going to just think of it as a season and try not to feel maudlin about it.

1 comment:

Hystery said...

This resonates with me. In fact, I could have written this very post (if I could write anything at all).