Monday, January 19, 2015

Marching For the Future of Equality and Honoring Dr. King

I took my Girl Scout troop to our community's annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day March, which I do every year (that illness does not intervene). We really enjoy going.  I see so many fellow progressives there that I admit that there is always a part of me that wants to be running around hugging everyone and catching up as we march, but you cannot do that while minding little kids whose parents do not want them lost, so I stay put with them like a good Girl Scout Leader and remind myself that there is nothing more important I can do for the future of equality in this nation than to  teach children to care about the people of their community, to be sisters, to make the world a better place...that's what I am there for and the best way that I can honor Dr. King's memory and life on this day.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That's great! You are a good soul, Lone Star Ma.