Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer Toil & Summer Joy

This is going to be a summer of so many transitions (more on that later...shhhh) that I know I will not get as much house work done as I usually attempt to do when I am off.  Summer is the time I generally try to organize a room (baby steps) or clear out old stuff that has been piling up during the school year.  I had hopes of getting my bedroom and All The Public Areas done this summer, but it is so not going to happen.  I am going to be getting a new roof, though (thank you, hail storm), so the outside progress will just have to balance out the lack of inside progress! And I will have to try to deeply appreciate what small things I can get done inside.  That's the way it's going to be.  For example:  I dealt with the Lone Star Baby's disastrous clothes drawers today and put away the too-big, packed up the too-small and organized the rest.  Yay, me!

Likewise, long, lazy days of fun summer family time are not going to be in much supply this summer.  I intend to try to deal with this by enjoying each small shard of summer joy as it comes.  One came early today:  the Lone Star Baby and I chased an ice cream truck all over the neighborhood until we caught it, bought overpriced ice cream, and rambled home eating it, with plenty of it dripping down her face and the wind blowing her hair into it.  That's some perfect joy.

May you also have many moments of summer accomplishment and, most of all, of summer joy.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Good luck with transitions...hope they're good. And, meh, organizing...no fun in the summer anyway.