Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Hoping For Marriage Equality

I did not get to post last week when the Supreme Court considered Prop. 8 and DOMA.  I was listening to the news whenever I could, though (that means in the car).

It's hard to have to wait to find out what they will decide, for months.  I am hoping and praying so hard that their decisions finally reflect the respect for human rights that our gay brothers and sisters deserve.  

The media I heard seemed to think that the Court was going to try to duck on Prop. 8, but that on DOMA, it sounded like maybe there was a chance.

It would be perfectly awful if the state-sanctioned bigotry that now occurs was supported by the Court.

I'm on pins and needles.

What with the Court reviewing these cases and the Voting Rights Act, it is an awfully suspenseful time for civil rights.


No comments: