Saturday, June 30, 2012

Al Armendariz Will Still Work To Protect Texans

I'm glad that Al Armendariz will still be protecting us from the ravages of coal-fired power plants in Texas, although I wish he were still doing it at the EPA.

Not too long ago, Lone Star Pa and I were in line at a restaurant that had a television running and I saw coverage of the years-ago poor choice of analogies that, just discovered by right-wingers, thrust our hero into a conservative bashing-party that led to his resignation as head of the EPA in our region.  This was really upsetting to me, because he has seemed at many times to be the only force standing between my kids and plants like Las Brisas.  I hope the EPA can soldier on without him - I wish he was still there.

That said, it is good to know that he will still be fighting for us.  He has been hired to head up the Sierra Club's Beyond Coal campaign in Texas.  I can think of no one better for the job.

No comments: