Sunday, January 15, 2012

First Day School: Fundamentalism and Listening For God

We are back to work at First Day School in earnest.  Since we had such a long hiatus prior to our Christmas lesson, today we reviewed our last (way) pre-Christmas lessons on Fundamentalism and Listening For God.  

My Young Friends "class" (just my teen) talked about the key beliefs of Christian Fundamentalists, in their absolutism, and started a review of Sinners In The Hands of An Angry God.  We will continue this lesson next time and then move into our next lesson on "absolutists" - cults. 

My Little Friends/Lower El "class" (just my second-grader) reviewed our "Listening For God" lesson in the style of and using materials from Faith 'n' Play.  The Lone Star Baby says that she hears God in the ocean - me, too, although God feels like Mother to me there. 

The girls' dad then picked them up and I stayed with the adults of our Meeting for a very nice Meeting for Business in which we agreed on our State of The Meeting report.  Lovely.

No comments: