Saturday, December 17, 2011

Collective Nouns of Tacos

I am writing a poem that involves a surplus of tacos.  The title will be "A (Collective Noun) of Tacos".  I spent a pleasant piece of time going through lists of collective nouns and thinking of which ones I think would be a good fit.  

This is the sort of thing that tickles a wordsmith.  

The following is a list of collective nouns that are being seriously considered:

superfluity
bloat
exaltation
pandemonium
tiding
ostentation
plump
mustering
zeal
hurtle
gulp.


Which do you like best for the purpose?  Have you others that I should consider?  Please discuss.

7 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

A Hurtle Of Tacos... simply because "hurtle" rhymes with "turtle."

And now I'm hungry for something crunchy.

Lone Star Ma said...

The best tacos are not crunchy. Yankee. But hurtle is nice. Keep 'em coming.

Colleen said...

plethora

Lone Star Ma said...

We are not allowed to use that word, Colleen.

Andrea said...

Flotilla of Tacos? They're kind of boat-shaped.
Raft of Tacos. (More boats)
Regatta de Tacos (OK, I'll stop with the boats now).
A Texas of Tacos (Texas is so big it thinks of itself as collective, right?)
A Triage of Tacos. A Triptych of Tacos. A Triumvirate of Tacos. A Terror of Tacos. A tatoo of tacos. A timpani of tacos. A tinker of tacos. (alliterative tacos)
Or, this is the secret word I see below: A Poleambe of Tacos.
A Frihole of Tacos (as in that's one frihole lot o tacos)

Actually, I think "Collective Nouns of Tacos" sounds like a pretty good poem title.

Good luck (and who can think of poetry the week before Christmas???)

Lone Star Ma said...

(:

SnarkleBunny said...

It's waaaay late, but: a temptation of tacos. I'm not supposed to gorge on them, but they're soooo tasty.