Sunday, November 20, 2011

Girl Scout National Conference

We had so much fun!


Lone Star Pa took the day off to deliver the Lone Star Girl to the Girl Scout Leadership Institute (GSLI) in Houston on the evening of Wednesday the 9th, stopping along the way to tour Rice which made a huge impression on our Biology Girl.  She had an amazing experience at the GSLI - the time of her life - and learned so much.

I drove out after work Thursday and stayed through Sunday when it was time to bring the Girl home.  I stayed with my brother and his lovely wife while the Girl stayed with the other GSLI girls at a hotel.  It was so wonderful to see family and they were so nice.

It turned out that the other girls in my Senior troop did not show due to busy-ness for one and some last minute problems for the other, so I did not really need to go at all, but I am so glad that I did get to go.  The Conference was very inspiring, with information on girl-related topics that I will be posting about for some time.  It was also really fun to see everything at the Hall of Exhibits.  I quite enjoy the feeling of being "alone" in a crowd - such a special, relaxing little vacation.  I also got to spend some time with other mamas from our Council at the 100th Anniversary Celebration Saturday night.  It was wonderful.

I will post more in the days and weeks to come.  We have a lot to do to create a world where all girls can reach their full potential and make their contributions to humanity.  

2012 is the Year of The Girl - get ready!

No comments: