Sunday, October 23, 2011

Swim Mom

Yesterday, I got up very early so I could swing by the store and buy Much Fruit for the Hospitality Room at the swim meet before getting the Lone Star Girl to the swim meet by 8:30am.  Then I worked concessions at the meet all day except for brief breaks to watch the Lone Star Girl's heats and one errand for the coach to get more lunches for the team when there was a miscount.  The meet didn't end until 5pm.

I also worked concessions the last time it was our team's turn.

I think I am making up for being a bad swim mom last year whose only volunteer contributions were attending the mandatory meetings and bringing stuff to sell for concessions.

But probably I shouldn't say that lest the swim parent gods strike me down for my arrogance.

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Aw. The swim parent gods love you. You're their sweet selkie baby!

Andrea said...

Whew, that makes me tired just reading it! I somehow avoided snack shack duty all soccer season (I think too many rained out games...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!). Good luck avoiding the swim gods' vengeance!